Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cautious Blogger

Today was the beginning of my 4th week of being a librarian.  What I have found is that being a librarian is more then just checking out/in books.  You have to do storytime!!  Now my recollection of storytime is with my kids, sitting on their beds and reading to them at night.  Well, my new version is a whole lot different.  I am reading to 3 and 4 year olds groups and this summer will be doing a large group event for 6 weeks.  I will have an audience.  Now as some of you know, being in front of alot of people just really isn't my thing.  I cry, I forget what I am saying and am just generally nervous.  So somewhere deep inside me I have to bring out the "performer" part of me.  I discovered the "artist" part when I began machine quilting.  I guess deep inside of  a person are all types of skills, personalities and strengths just waiting to come out.  So if you are downtown during the summertime, take a peek and see the "performer" in me, just bring the Kleenex.

No comments:

Post a Comment